Saturday, November 5, 2011

just in time for daylight savings: watch makeovers

Saw this scarf watch idea on Scissors and Thread today (original post on A Pair & a Spare). I've seen this concept before, but I liked being reminded.



I've known for awhile that I need a new watch; my white rubbery Target one has had several months of 24/7 wear, so it looks godawful. Why would I think buying a white watch was a good idea? By now it looks like I wrap an old sock around my wrist everyday.



I couldn't easily remove the pins that hold the strap to the metal face, so I just took some scissors to it until the straps came off.



It's as easy as slipping through a scarf or ribbon or one of those belts that come with your Forever 21 dresses, and then wrapping and tying it around your wrist as you like.





I bought some single fold bias tape the other day with the intention of using it as finishing on a baby swaddling blanket I'm making for a co-worker. I didn't end up using it for that project, so I thought I'd try it here. Kinda cool-looking, actually.




This is the whole package (4 yds) wrapped around. Pretty dramatic but I think I like it. 




Don't forget to "fall back" your scarf/bias tape watches tomorrow night.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Project linked to
and